The Hinz company is searching for a motivated individual to fill an open position in our lathe department. As a set-up technician, you will support the production by setting up, adjusting, and troubleshooting machines in the shop. You will perform independent operation of various production machines, will maintain machine operations, perform independent tool changes and set-up without assistance. Set-up tech will also have the ability to cycle through proven and unproven CNC programs to obtain first article without assistance on multiple machine types. This position is responsible for training other set-up technicians as necessary. Hanwha, Fanuc, or G code experience is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up, adjust, troubleshoot, and maintain all production equipment
- Training of other set-up personnel and on-the-job training for operators as needed
- Complete 1st piece inspection prior to release for production
- Identify and report potential risks (safety or production) to ensure proper operation and minimal interruptions to scheduling
- Organizing and maintaining the order and cleanliness of equipment, storage areas and the Machine Shop as a whole
- Other duties and projects as determined by production and business needs
- Independent setup / operation of various types of CNC Lathe machines to include but not limited to 2, 3, 4, and 5 axis machines. Doosan multi-axis lathe experience is a bonus.
- Requires a working knowledge of blueprint interpretation
- Requires a working knowledge and the ability to use micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges.
- Will have the ability to cycle through proven and unproven programs, make program edits and obtain first article without assistance on multiple machine types.
- Requires the ability to work and interact well with others.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
Three (3) years of previous experience, and/or equivalent training and experience required
- Must be capable of performing all operations in the area of responsibility
- Leadership quality communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills required
- Fork truck certification, CNC programing, experience with automation or Halter Robots is bonus
- Established ability to identify and communicate issues and offer proposed solutions
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- Ability to manage interruptions in a professional and respectful manner is essential
- Above basic math skills and reasoning ability
Compensation, Benefits, Etc.
· Pay: $25.00 - $38.00 per hour
· Benefits: 401(k) / 401(k) matching / Dental insurance / Health insurance / Paid time off / Vision insurance
· Schedule: 10-hour shift / Day & Night shift: Monday to Thursday / Overtime: Friday's
· 1st Shift Typical start time: 5:00AM - Typical end time: 3:30PM
· Must be able to commute and possess reliable means of transportation